Saturday, July 28, 2012

Wall Sconce Facelift

After moving into the new house, I finally came across my box of home decor.  My wall sconces that I purchased from Target years ago seemed to be out of place.  Looking at them I knew they needed a bit of a facelift.  I took some scrap-booking paper and placed behind the sconces.
It gives it a pop of color that was needed.  Once they had the scrap-booking paper behind it I needed a place to put them.  Voila!  We hung them on the brick going up the stairs to the top floor.
It makes the brick wall stand out even more.  We did have to pre-drill into the brick with a masonry bit and for good measure we put in a wall anchor before the screw.  It is a relatively easy project and makes a big change for a little bit of money.

Happy Crafting!
Molly 

No comments:

Post a Comment