Friday, August 31, 2012

Knife Block Redo

This is another project that I came across on Pinterest, I swear that site is like crack and I used to play mmorpgs.  This one was pretty easy and quick to do.  Just take your ordinary knife block and paint it, any color.  Here is my standard knife block before.

Don't mind the board it is on, it is my protection for the dinning room table.  Workbench is almost finished, yippee!  I chose one of the sample colors that we have on hand.  It is the same blue that we used in Liam's room.  I it is called Redstone Guest Blue, by Valspar.  We use only Valspar because it works the best for us.  I am sure that any paint will do.
Here are the after shots, like I said pretty easy.  The only difference is that I did not add a monogram or other decal to the block.  I thought that it looked better without one.
And here is the shot with the knives in it.  One of the shears is in the dishwasher at the time the picture was taken.
Since the kitchen is painted a darker blue, I thought that this lighter tone would look good.  Very easy and a quick update to the kitchen.

Happy crafting!
Molly



No comments:

Post a Comment